Values & Strategic Goals
Providing services with quality and ethics is among the core missions of the UHS, and to treat each other with dignity is among its guiding principles. Its Strategic Goal #3 is to contribute to the provision of services that respond to the needs of Cambodian communities. Meanwhile, providing care and counseling is a unique opportunity to expose UHS students to real practice and to promote the spirit of teamwork.
In the short-term, the UHS must expand the existing services rendered, currently the dental clinic at the Faculty of Dentistry, and punctual health visits in rural communities areas. In the longer-term, the UHS envisions to establish a new medical center/university outpatient hospital in the newly expanded area of Phnom Penh.
The idea is gaining ground at the UHS to partner with international organizations operating in Cambodia, with the objectives to improve the community services, and to develop training opportunities. Seminal initiatives include:
- Eye care consultations in the communities, in partnership with the Fred Hollow Foundation (FHF) and the Royal Australian, the New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists (RANZCO) and the Eye Care Foundation (ECF)
- Media lab production, in partnership with the US NGO “Diagnostic Microbiology Development Program (DMDP)”
Examples of the Network activities
In the future, the UHS is looking forward to cooperate on:
- Developing Unversity teaching and research hospital in Campus 3
- Developing a Medical and biological diagnostic center in Campus 1
- Developing a master plan of university teaching and research hospital